Thursday, February 6, 2014

Can't Stop Listening To: "Her" Score



Press play to hear the full score. My favorite starts at 19:23.


Now I can't say I know too much about music, but I've had this video on repeat for 2 days now, and I can't get enough. After enduring the emotional roller-coaster of this film, one of the things that stuck most with me was the score. I was surprised/not surprised that it was done by Grammy winners, The Arcade Fire. I spent weeks searching the web just so I could listen to "Song on the Beach" one more time, but to no avail. 

But, when the Oscar Nominations were announced, I saw that this score was one of the nominees. I knew that it had to pop up on the web soon, and when I found it, it was over. The first night I listened to it, I became so relaxed, I basically fell asleep. Now I've been listening to it when I'm taking a break, when I'm studying, when I'm cooking. I'm obsessed. 

If you haven't seen the movie, definitely go see it. The score is best experienced with the film. I find myself reliving some of the key scenes while I listen to it on my own. This movie has taken over the rank of my favorite movie. (It's a coveted title.)


No comments:

Post a Comment